[Spotykach] Fwd: Re: Hi there

Katrin katrin at eyfa.org
Wed Jan 11 15:09:45 CET 2006

That's nice that some interest is developing and cotnacts made for the
conference. I met with Olga, Anne & Harald (so the Berlin branch) to
discuss the conference and Olga and myself are currently writing a
call-out to send to groups interest in/working with east-west
colloborations.

One outcome of the meeting with the Berliners was that there needs to be
a practical goal for people to become interested in attending, i.e.
presentation of existing projects and concrete networking at the
conference, so that groups can improve their contacts to help them in
their current work. Olga is currently developing the cultural aspect of
east-west issues in the call-out so we can combine three different
elements to the conference.

1) Political (e.g. EU enlargement),

2) Practical (presentation of existing adn planned projects involving
eastern adn western Euroaepn initiatives, e.g. czechnyan refugee
support, st.petersburg G8 preparations, common media/information
exhanges, covil liberties and other left groups trying to network) and
3) Cultural (misunderstandings due to different cultural and language
backgrounds).

This way we could offer a tool to groups to improve their networks, also
invite them to hold their network meetings at an open (non-planned) day
of the conference, as well as prividing a space to discuss teh issues
that were already mentioned on this list, as well as background
information on the situation in selexcted countries, for example.

This is only a brainstorm of mine here so I will try and formulate it
more comprehensively.

Finally, please comment on your ideas adn improvements to a conpcet for
the conference, we still do not have a strong preparatory team either,
so any practical help is also welcome,

all the best,

Katrin