[Spotykach] "between the East-West Concept"

olhas olhas at web.de
Sat Oct 29 23:59:05 CEST 2005

Hallo,

just to inform you about how discussions goes in
different circles about the topic we try come
close to on this list (east-west), I send you
infor about folowing conference as an example
that scientists try their best to get it
formulated what going in Europe, explore standart
definitions, put them on old perceptions and so
on. Me personaly I did not really get what
organizers want to get with this conference but
it already good it happening not in Brussel bu in Lithuania.

regards, Olga

Ðiauliai University

European Studies Institute

International conference

"European Studies: between Globalisation and Regionalism
(Humanitarian and Social Aspects)"

May 12¯13, 2006

Diauliai, Lithuania

Call for Papers

Proposed topic areas for presentations:

New European Centres and Peripheries: the Dynamics of Polycentricity
in EU

The Change of Mentalities against the Background of European
Integration Processes

Development of National Languages in the New EU: Facts and Prospects

National Literatures of EU: Globalisation and Pop-Culture vs.
Artistry and Identity

Political Identity Crossroads: between the East-West Concept and
North-South Orientation of the New Europe.

Global Integration and Migration of the Work Force: New Technological
and Cultural Collaboration Opportunities

New Historical Identities of EU: the Imagined Community, Propaganda
and Facts

Presentation time ¯ 20 min.

The working language of the conference: English.

The application forms should be sent by e-mail (esi at su.lt) or to the
following address:

European Studies Institute
P. Viðinskio 38, LT-76351
Diauliai, Lithuania
Tel.: (370-41) 595875
Fax: (370-41) 432748

Collection of conference papers is going to be published.

The deadline for the submission of application forms is 15 February
2006.

Registration fee is 10 EUR or equivallent in Litas payable upon
arrival in cash.