[Spotykach] national stereotypes

Christoph Assheuer wildgorse at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 8 12:00:29 CEST 2005

Hi Jane  et al. ,

national stereotypes -

are just possibly nice inventions of the mind to make life more interesting.
They do not really
exist.

There is a new issue of Science - Magazine out - they analysed 40 nations,
and spoke to something like 50.000 people -
comparing their daily lives to national stereotypes -

they found that so-called 'national traits'   in all nations are not
reflected by the
individual citizens (ie. Americans, Russians, French, Germans, Chileans,
Outer MOngolians etc).

Germans thinks all Russians are die-hard alcoholics (that die early),
Russians or Brits think,
Germans
are reliable, good at organising and dependable.

One of the first guys in Russia I saw a lot of  didn't drink  (Michail
Sergejevitch)!

In the study, it was found that Germans are as dependable as the people of
Chile!!!   Way
down on the scale.
Living in Berlin , I think Germans are not dependable at all. They come five
minutes early to
meetings and stuff like that!

Many misunderstandings are simple based on language.
Speak the language and
you understand the people -   and realise -

ah, same as such and such an individual I have met before....

This does not mean that societies do not create collective delusions,
ideologies,
fantasms,
utopias  - whether anarchist, outer-mongolian or eurasian.    But how can
any
true person
submit
to collective fantasms - and how long??   That's something I like doing  in
football stadiums to
get some pleasure.
As I only support underdogs , with rare exceptions -   it's
usually masochistic pleasure.

I don't know a single genius, whether Jessenin,
Gogol, Majakovski, oh yes, Chodorkovsky,
who have not changed their minds on
the most basic philosophical issues
quite a few times in their lives...  Even stubborn Tolstoy.  None of them
subscribed to
collective fantasms for very long -  or were forced to commit suicide to
escape them (jessenin).

Greetings,

Christoph

(Berlin)

<BLOCKQUOTE style='PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #A0C6E5
2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px'><font
style='FONT-SIZE:11px;FONT-FAMILY:tahoma,sans-serif'><hr color=#A0C6E5
size=1>
<i>Leonid Savin &lt;evrazia at ukr.net&gt;,moja tvoja ne ponimaj
+0300</i><br>&gt;Black colour is colour of wisdom (East tradition).
eight-pointed star is not chaos star only, but have connection with ancient
symbolism. It may be interpreted like sun rays. And sun give own light and
warmly just because it is Sun. Ideologically eurasianists must give own
potential to people like sun and not to ask to take anything for change.
Economy of gift.<br>&gt;By the way in eurasian movement a lot of anarchists.
But they are another type, not west-centered...<br>&gt;Here is good
saying:<br>&gt;&quot;Something that good for Russian is death for
German&quot;<br>&gt;We are so different and diference rooted so deep in
minds.<br>&gt;Small reflexy about right politics and Dugin<br>&gt;Right wing
politics is phenomen of western civilization, in Russia all right -wing
ideashas  were taken from West and perverted . Cause russian is not pure
ethnic type, it's synthes of slavonic, finno-ugr, turks
cultures...<br>&gt;<br>&gt;Actually last reply of Fabian was more
mitchell&quot; &lt;janemitchell at hellokitty.com&gt;<br>&gt;To:
evrazia at ukr.net,&quot;moja tvoja ne ponimaj&quot;
&lt;spotykach at lists.nadir.org&gt;<br>&gt;Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 06:29:11
&gt;<br>&gt; &gt; okay leonid???<br>&gt; &gt; i am not sure if you are still
on this list.<br>&gt; &gt;<br>&gt; &gt; you have been the topic of much
discussion recently, largely about attempts to hide your politics or dress
as wolf in sheeps clothing in rather deceptive interpretations of
Dugin.<br>&gt; &gt;<br>&gt; &gt; From reading I have done i cannot see
anything ideologically in common between eurasionism and anarchism,
principals from which I believe the spotykach project springs, and alter-ee
more explicitly stated.<br>&gt; &gt;<br>&gt; &gt; I would like to ask you
quite a number of questions about why you are not upfront about your
politics and what your motivations are for participating in some projects
which definately oppose the goals of eurasionism, etc etc etc.<br>&gt;
&gt;<br>&gt; &gt; BUT a less inflammatory question relates to the symbolism
employed:<br>&gt; &gt; why are black flags and chaos symbols used??<br>&gt;
&gt;<br>&gt; &gt; I am not just being a smart arse- i genuinely am