[Spotykach] Council of Europe funding

olhas olhas at web.de
Wed Jun 29 12:49:18 CEST 2005

concerning the funding:
how the idea comes: The EYFA as a network of organizations and facilities
provider based in amsterdam offers a possibility for grassroots initiatives
to help them assist their projects proposal if groups less experienced or
have no legal status for making any application. Since EYFA normally do
main burocratic work according to funders demands, it help organizers in
the same time concentrate on the content and do real work of the project.
The both sides has its own interest collaboarte in this way. Such a way I
found as a best solution to implement what you want and in the same time be
relatively independent from the system. My position so far is following: we
live inside the system which impose certain rulles on us but we can break
the rulls by in given frame do own things and not what they realy want.
Council of Europe is a dead body which has no sincrecity in his demands.
All those EU butaforia one day will fall down anyway if many started shke a
system from inside (my experince with never ended soviet structure). But we
can start break the rules by being independend and using the funding as it
would be given for our project.Since I not consider myself as a part of it
or see myself free from accepting it, I prefer carry on my ideas and deal
with money in such a way that they not controling me but I control them to
use them for my purpose and not more.. In a sense of organizing a seminar
not on the Moon but inside a system, I need regulate some part of the
system so, that it not effects a content of the event, but pass through
levels which need to be taking in account. If we pay reimburshment or other
systems cost, we just give a money back to the system ("gives Cesar what
belongs to him" ) and stay free with our level. Refusing taking money from
the system will not break it down because the money is not a core problem
of it but the aproach to them. But about such aproaches (and not only money
one) excatly I want to look in the content of the seminar to break the
system down. If EYFA  as a structure is part of the system and do work in
such a way that it able stay politically correct and make many trickes with
funders they still "trust" them to give a money, I would say it deserve
only a praise. My role was to write a truly content of the seminar and pass
it to EYFA who maked ready to the fund. Its a bit tricky but so far I feel
there is no consequances for me if I stay clear what I want from the
seminar in a sense of broad communication and not let a money control me.
The Council of Europe money is not clearly their money either. They are
distributors among many who have got a bit control over this dirty
equvalent. Refusing money to take for good purpose is religious for me
because for Council of Europe is the same to whom give the finance. And it
better they goes in more radical projects than to some bulshit. But maybe I
am too soviet in this sense, meaning I was educated far a way from money
existence with orientation that one day they will disapered and give so
much attantion to it is not worth. And this is exactly one of the point I
would like to discuss with other who might have a different perspective
acrding to our differences.

regards, Olga