[Spotykach] Reply to Jane

Karl-Heinz Thier K.Thier at gmx.com
Wed Apr 13 22:32:27 CEST 2005

Hello, Jane,

Sorry for my short contributions, but I only wanted to start a discussion. That's why I get provocative, sometimes. I agree, of course, with what you said on English.

As for the rest, I wanted to show you the sort of person I am. Is it worthwhile talking to him? Or is it all rock and roll? Does he keep focus on the original goal? These are you legitimate questions, and I had them in mind whe I made these short contributions. Therefore I think, it's not rock and roll, but a historical and psychological chain of reaction which cannot be separated from the ruling east/west perceptions. Only if they are used to think in hierarchies, Westerners have difficulties in communicating respectfully with Easterners. I can understand Olga very well and don't let me be stamped as a Westerner. Therefore I reminded us that there are "Easterners among us Westerners": Affluent hospitality does not occur only in the East, you can experience it in Western rural areas, too, or in Western lower classes. You come across this phenomenon wherever capitalism hasn't got people under full control yet.

You cannot have mutually respectful forms of communication without common contents. So I wondered which these could be.

Kind regards from

Karl-Heinz

P.S. More about my sort of person under www.kthier.de , or comment his views on www.kthier.de/WebLog